Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday 14th May 2010

Ray and I were both on English class for grades 3&4 with Megan, Viv and Lee.
Megan took the lead for the first half, then we broke into small groups to reinforce the lesson with card props. It is naturally a very chaotic class (I know this because they are the same kids from the art class on Wednesday) we were both traumatized from the experience. I think my kids learnt something???

After English I went to Hygiene (supervising washing hands and faces, moisturizing hands and faces and giving out a platano (banana) before lunch and Ray went back to the garden. I went up to help him between classes and while he dug garden beds and Pip watered, I picked a crop of cucumbers and a few tomatoes, to be used in the kitchen where the mothers cook the school lunches. Often the only meal the children will get for the day, save maybe, a potatoe with a cup of tea.

We went into Cuzco in the afternoon to buy a new camera (the other one got dropped at the Mothers Day meeting). Fortunately I have been able to save the photos, thanks to my friend Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment